1. Cupboards – Go through all you kitchen cupboards, one at a time of course, and you will be amazed at what you find that can be thrown out! Don’t be surprised if you find things like spices that are about 10 years old and/r baby spoons that are no longer needed!
2. Bedroom Closets – The saying goes – If you haven’t worn it in a year, get rid of it. This is a great rule to follow…
3. Bookcases – Look them all over and get rid of the ones that don’t sound interesting. Also, go through knickknacks, papers, magazines, or anything else filling up those bookcases.
4. Kids Room – This is something that needs to be done about twice a year in my house. Kids go through their clothes, toys, video games, etc and out goes anything they are no longer interested in.
5. Bathroom – We know how cluttered and overflowing those vanities and medicine chests can get. Go through all those goodies and if it has hardened, softened or changed color, get rid of it!
6. Linen Closet – Towels, sheets, curtains, etc, are also things that need to be periodically sorted and tossed.
7. Under Your Bed – This part of the decluttering can be quite scary. Proceed with caution and always have a weapon, such as broom, vacuum cleaner or bug spray with you!
8.Organize – There are so many great products these days that hold everything. Get some inexpensive plastic boxes and neatly store all your items that are not in display or not used daily. You can get small ones in the dollar stores to organize your CDs, use them in your pantry or cupboards, store odd and ends, letters, papers, you name it!
9. Throw Out the Old – One thing you must absolutely remember when decluttering is you have to THROW AWAY the NOT USED or WANTED. DO NOT just take everything out and rearrange!!! That is a temporary solution and is not sufficient!!!!!
10. Everything in its Place – Once you have everything decluttered and organized, get everyone to keep everything in its place and your home will remain clutter free forever! Well not exactly…but you will feel on top of things